Gosforth Golf Club
Dress Code for Clubhouse Only
In order to encourage a relaxed & friendly atmosphere in the Clubhouse, smart/casual attire is permitted. All members, visitors & guests are requested to maintain a standard of dress in keeping with this dress Code.
The following items of clothing are strictly prohibited in the Clubhouse:
- Torn or soiled clothing
- Non-tailored shorts
- Studded or spiked footwear
- Golfing waterproofs and golf footwear
- Tracksuits, combat wear, vests, football/rugby tops, T-shirts with large images/text or offensive wording, and the like.
- Caps, hats & visors
Smart jeans & Smart trainers are acceptable in the Clubhouse but they must not be soiled/torn/ripped.
Please note that on formal occasions, Gentlemen may be requested to wear a jacket & tie
Jeans are strictly prohibited on the golf course
If you are not following this dress code, please do not be offended if a member of staff or a club official challenges you.
If in any doubt, please ask a member of staff or the Club Professional.....
Acceptable on the course
- Golf shoes(spikes or tee grips)
- Tailored shorts worn with ankle or knee length socks.
- Tailored trousers, smart trousers with external side pockets
- Plus 2s.
- Long or mid calf cargo/combat style trousers.
- Shirts with collars and long and short sleeves(must be tucked in)
- Shirts designed exclusively not to be tucked in are excluded
Unacceptable on the course
- Training shoes (except under 11's with permission)
- Athletic, beach, boxer, football/rugby, swimming shorts
- Denim/brushed denim jeans.
- Trouser legs tucked into socks.
- Tracksuit or shell suit bottoms worn separately
- No camourflage dress at all.
- Singlets, tee shirts, football/rugby shirts, tracksuit tops
Copyright Gosforth Golf Club.